Re: [OT] reiser4 vs politics: linux misses out again

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 08:10:07 EST

On Friday 01 July 2005 08:17, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> It would be a major marketing slap for Jobs if the
> new design was done in Indiana (USA), now it's going
> to be done in India.

Intel maybe moving part of chipset design to India but Apple still have their
product design with them which they haven't announced they will move anywhere
- or have they?

I am not sure if Apple today designs and manufactures chipsets and CPUs in USA
- most likely not, they buy it from IBM/Freescale. IBM/Freescale must have
designed / manufactured the chipsets and CPUs anywhere - again most likely
outside the US. And from what I have heard Apple computers are assembled in
China.

So since long Apple's computers are designed in the US and manufactured /
assembled outside of the USA. And that continues to be the case going
forward, unless Apple announced they will move "their" product design to
somewhere else as a result of Intel's move.

Parag