aio-stress throughput regressions from 2.6.11 to 2.6.12

From: Suparna Bhattacharya
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 02:49:28 EST

Has anyone else noticed major throughput regressions for random
reads/writes with aio-stress in 2.6.12 ?
Or have there been any other FS/IO regressions lately ?

On one test system I see a degradation from around 17+ MB/s to 11MB/s
for random O_DIRECT AIO (aio-stress -o3 testext3/rwfile5) from 2.6.11
to 2.6.12. It doesn't seem filesystem specific. Not good :(

BTW, Chris/Ben, it doesn't look like the changes to aio.c have had an impact
(I copied those back to my 2.6.11 tree and tried the runs with no effect)
So it is something else ...

Ideas/thoughts/observations ?

Regards
Suparna