Re: Problems with Firewire and -mm kernels

From: Ben Collins
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 00:17:22 EST

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:30:39AM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> On Jun 30 2005, Ben Collins wrote:
> > Try reverting just the sbp2.[ch] changes from the 2.6.13-rc1 tree.
>
> Ok, I did that and it worked fine, thanks! I'm trying to upload the
> resulting dmesg so that you can see yourself, but it seems that my
> University's site isn't working for some reason. :-(
>
> Oh, I got one warning when I was compiling sbp2.c (it was something like an
> invalid initialization around line 27xx--yes, yes, I know that this doesn't
> help much, but I don't have the log of the compilation here).

Ok, so the TYPE_SDAD/TYPE_RBC changes did affect sbp2. I think the changes
look a little much for what it was trying to accomplish (moving code
around between functions and changing logic paths is a little much when no
one tests it).

--
Debian - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/