Re: [patch][rfc] 5/5: core remove PageReserved

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 20:52:58 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:
William Lee Irwin III wrote:

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 09:21:31AM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't see how 'diddling' the core will create bugs.
This is a fine way to do it, and "converting" users first (whatever
that means)

[cut text included in full in the following quote block]

This is going way too far. Someone please deal with this.

No, just tell me how it might magically create bugs in drivers
that didn't exist in the first place?

Sorry, I got a bit carried away. That remark wasn't helpful.

What I mean is: if you see an aspect of this change that will
cause breakage in previously correct drivers, please raise
your specific concerns with me.

I have tried to be careful about this, and put in bugs/warnings
where problems in already broken code are magnified.