Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 20:48:34 EST

Hans Reiser wrote:
Alan Cox wrote:
Duplication of effort. With plugins, we can optimize the upper layers
of ALL filesystems, regardless of the lower layers, in such a way that

In which case the features belong in the VFS as all those with
experience and kernel contributions have been arguing.

So you fundamentally reject the prototype it in one fs and then abstract
it to others development model?

For similar reasons, we don't let hardware vendors implement software RAID inside the hardware driver. It's not appropriate at that level.

Jeff