Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 16:59:18 EST

On Iau, 2005-06-23 at 06:58, Hans Reiser wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
> > We have to maintain said ugly code for decades.
>
> No you don't, I do.

Really. I must be mis-remembering some of the comments made about
reiserfs 3 during the 2.5 to 2.6 period.

> I am entitled to get some advantage from being the first on the block

You were not first on the block. Linus was, thats why it's Linux (well
not directly his fault about the name) and why he sets policy. I've
never heard Linus espousing such an idea so I wonder why you think that
way. Rather I've heard Linus tell groups of people with differing ideas
about interfaces to go figure it out first and build the right interface
then come back with a consensus (for example with SELinux)

> It is odd how Hellwig no longer describes himself as XFS associated

Why would that be "odd". What are you trying to imply and why not just
say it if you actually have something to say.

Alan