Adaptec AIC7902B Dual Channel question

From: Alexander Griesser
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 05:44:25 EST

Hi folks!

I bought an IBM xSeries 346 server which is equipped with an onboard
Adaptec AIC7902B SCSI Raid Hostbus Controller. This controller is driven
by the aic79xx driver but a quick look over the source code showed me,
that it seems to only supports the channel 'A' (it is hardcoded on many
places).

The xSeries 346 has only one connector on the motherboard which allows
me to connect my disks to channel 'B' only. At system boot, the
controller is recognized by the driver, but no disks are available here.
dmesg output only states, that channel 'A' has been scanned for SCSI
devices.

So my question is: Is there a way to get my Host RAID on channel 'B'
to work?
Does it help to change all occurences of the hardcoded 'A' in the driver
with a 'B'?

As I am not subscribed to the list, please CC me in all answers.

Thanks in Advance,
--
| .-. | Alexander Griesser -- <private@xxxxxxxxxxxx> | .''`. |
| /v\ \ http://www.tuxx-home.at/ / : :' : |