Re: git-pull-script on my linus tree fails..

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 13:19:56 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
No, you don't understand. The git-checkout-script already takes a parameter to indicate _what_ to check out. It just defaults to head.

So you'd do

git-checkout-script branch && switch branch

and you'd be done.

ah, ok.

Anyway, I liked the branch semantics for "git checkout" so much that I just made it do that by default. In other words, if you do
[...]
These seem like sane and useful semantics, and your "switch" script should really fall out as "git checkout -f".

If git-checkout-script switches the .git/HEAD symlink properly, rather than updating the symlink target's contents, then my git-switch-tree script can just go away :)

Thanks,

Jeff