Re: -mm -> 2.6.13 merge status (fuse)

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 10:31:03 EST

> > > This is useful, but there are, AFAIK, two issues:
> > >
> > > - We're still deadlocked over some permission-checking hacks in there
> >
> > Oh, god. Let me try to explain this again:
> >
> > - This is a security issue with unprivileged mounts
>
> Pretty please, just merge it without unpriviledged mounts. I see
> they are usefull, but they are too strange for now.

An emotional argument again. What's "strange" about it?

You have a choice of:

1) believe me that the current solution is fine

2) get down and try to understand the damn thing, and then come up
with technical arguments for/against it

I know that 2) takes time and energy, and not a lot of people are
interested enough to go through it, but why on earth do you think it
will _ever_ be easier than now.

Thanks,
Miklos