Re: Bizarre oops after suspend to RAM (was: Re: [ACPI] Resume from Suspend to RAM)

From: Bodo Eggert
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 17:51:01 EST

Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger@xxxxxx> wrote:

> So it does reach the kernel, right? I don't know if I remembered that call
> correctly, but "lcall $0xffff,$0" should call the real mode BIOS reset
> code...
> Anyone else who can correct me here?

If it's realmode, it should do a jump to the boot entry point of the BIOS.
This does not imply a reset, some machines will just hang. Especially after
messing with the interrupts or mapping some RAM over the lower half of the
BIOS, where the boot code is expected.

Good (== long gone) old times with DOS.
--
Ich danke GMX dafür, die Verwendung meiner Adressen mittels per SPF
verbreiteten Lügen zu sabotieren.