Re: 2.6.12?

From: Sylvain Meyer
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 10:59:38 EST

Hi Brice,

What is your X configuration ? The default parameters are ok for a VideoRam parameter up to 32MB. Could you check two things, please ?
- First, could you set VideoRam to 32MB in your X conf.
- Second, could you set it to 64MB and use a voffset=64 parameter for intelfb.

Thanks
Sylvain

Brice Goglin a écrit:

Andrew Morton a écrit :

Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andrew Morton a écrit :

Lots of USB problems, quite a few input problems. fbdev, ACPI, ATAPI. All
the usual suspects.

Subject: intelfb crash on i845
Subject: Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] intelfb crash on i845

These two entries seem to be the same one, from me.
Sylvain Meyer was working on it. And I've recently seen some patches

from him on the mm-commit list. I didn't have time to test them but I

should be able to try next week (especially if a new -mm is released
soon).

Hi Andrew,

I just tried with rc6-mm1 and the problem is still present:
when the onboard video memory is set to 1MB in the BIOS, switching from
X to VT1 gives a dirty framebuffer console (no text, just wrong colors).
Setting memory to 8MB in the BIOS makes all this work.

Brice