Re: TASK_NONINTERACTIVE (was: Machine Freezes while RunningCrossover Office)

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 08:17:27 EST

Hi Ingo,

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 12:57 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> could you please make it double sure and try the attached patch ontop of
> the other patch? It adds a /proc/sys/kernel/pipe_noninteractive tunable
> (default: off). It's quite tricky to test interactivity between kernels
> (there's too much other state that may matter), so having a runtime
> tunable can help significantly. Could you enable/disable it and see
> whether it has a negative impact on interactivity? (besides fixing the
> Wine problem too, of course)

I was able to reproduce the XMMS skip with pipe_noninteractive set to
zero so the interactivity problems mentioned in the previous mail are
not due to the pipe fix. As Ingo's patch fixes the Wine problem and
doesn't cause any interactivity regressions for me, please consider
putting it to -mm.

Pekka