Re: pci_enable_msi() for everyone?

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 21:31:55 EST

davej> What if MSI support has been disabled in the bridge due to
davej> some quirk (like the recent AMD 8111 quirk) ? Maybe the
davej> above function should check pci_msi_enable as well ?

Greg> Yes, you are correct. I said it wasn't tested :)

Huh? If a host bridge doesn't support MSI, and a device below it has
its MSI capability enabled, we're in big trouble. Because that device
is going to send interrupt messages whether the bridge likes it or
not.

- R.