Dump analysis tool Alicia is released

From: Hideki . Takahashi
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 20:01:28 EST

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce releasing a new dump analysis tool,
Alicia (Advanced LInux Crash-dump Interactive Analyzer).

---
The development of this program is partly supported by IPA
(Information-Technology Promotion Agency, Japan).

---

Alicia is a program that provides effective dump analysis environment
with power of Perl language. Alicia provides common access method to
kernel by wrapping the existing tool crash/lcrash and provides
"scripting" function for saving and reusing the dump analysis procedures.
User can use existing crash/lcrash commands in addition to Alicia
commands. The command result can be saved as a variable and it can
be used as a parameter of another command.
Please use this tool and give us some comments.

The following software is necessary for the compilation and the
execution of Alicia.
- crash 3.8.5 or higher
- Perl 5.8.0 or higher
- Perl module Term::ReadKey 2.21 or higher
- Perl module Term::ReadLine::Perl 1.0203 or higer

---
Alicia source code and documents are available in the following site,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alicia/
http://alicia.sourceforge.net/

We prepared a mailing list written below in order to let users know
update of Alicia.
alicia-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And if you have any comments, please send to the above list, or to
another mailing-list written below.
alicia-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards,
All of the Alicia developers