Re: TPM on IBM thinkcenter S51

From: Torsten Landschoff
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 03:54:46 EST

Hi Kylene,

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 10:02 -0500, Kylene Jo Hall wrote:
> I maintain the driver and am interested in figuring out what this
> problem is. Can you please tell me what the device major/minor are

I think this is a misunderstanding. My TPM is working just fine but the
guy I was replying to seems to have some problems.

The old tpm driver (version 2.0) distributed seperately at

http://www.research.ibm.com/gsal/tcpa/TPM-2.0.tar.gz

did not work for me though. I did not find an obvious problem in it but
noticed there is the tpmdd project on SourceForge and got the driver
from there. That driver is working just fine for me.

> version in the default 2.6.12-rc5. There are many changes are in the -
> mm2 patch so I will pull down the default tree and make sure the version
> there is working.

Still trying to get a grip on git to track the latest kernel and test
the TPM driver in there. Anyway, the driver I have is working fine. :)
(I am working with an IBM ThinkPad R51 if you care about it).

Greetings

Torsten