Re: USB mice do not work on 2.6.12-rc5-git9, -rc5-mm1, -rc5-mm2

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 04:53:56 EST

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:
Andrew Morton írta:

Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:

Hi,

$SUBJECT says almost all, system is MSI K8TNeo FIS2R,
Athlon64 3200+, running FC3/x86-64. I use the multiconsole
extension from linuxconsole.sf.net, the patch does not touch
anything relevant under drivers/input or drivers/usb.

The mice are detected just fine but the mouse pointers
do not move on either of my two screens. The same patch
(not counting the trivial reject fixes) do work on the
2.6.11-1.14_FC3 errata kernel. Both PS2 keyboard on the
keyboard and aux ports work correctly.

The same patch also works on 2.6.12-rc4-mm2, with working mice.
It seems the bug is mainstream.

Please test an unpatched kernel.

Unmodified rc5-git9, only one X server started on the PCI Radeon
so the agpgart isn't initialized in the attached dmesg.

Same bug, USB interrupt count does not change if mice are moved.
I told you, it's upstream.

pci=routeirq - still same bug.
acpi=off - rc5-git9 stops booting after PCI -> ACPI IRQ remapping.
???

I will try some older kernels, too.
2.6.12-rc4-mm2 definitely works.

Mainboard BIOS' version is 1.9,
I had ACPI problems with previous versions.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi