Re: PROBLEM: Devices behind PCI Express-to-PCI bridge not mapped

From: Andreas Koch
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 11:17:40 EST

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 11:46:27PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 01:28:28AM +0200, Andreas Koch wrote:
> > Specifically, this occurs on my Acer Travelmate 8100 notebook (Pentium
> > M, Intel 915M chipset) when it is connected via PCI Express to the
> > ezDock docking station.
>
> Are you connecting it at boot time, or after the box is up and running?

The dock is already connected at power-up time.

> Hm, another idea, can you load the pci express and standard pci hotplug
> drivers? You might have to "enable" those slots in order for the pci
> core to scan the devices and set everything up properly.
>
> To do this, after loading the modules (pciehp and shpchp), look in
> /sys/bus/pci/slots/

I have already experimented with compiled-in versions of these drivers
(as well as the ACPI PCI hotplug driver).

> If there are any "slots" listed there, go into those directories and
> "power them on" by simply writing a "1" to the file 'power' by using
> echo.
>
> Let us know if that helps out any or not.

I have /sys/bus/pci/slots/, but it is empty. Should I make another
attempt with driver modules instead of the compiled in versions?

> Oh, and this isn't "PCI ExpressCard" type hardware is it (next
> generation pcmcia/cardbus evolution.)

Actually, the dock itself has a PCI ExpressCard slot (currently
empty) as one of its peripherals. But my current difficulties are
with the PCI-Express connection between notebook and dock.

Andreas