Re: 2.6.12?

From: Russell King
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 03:17:00 EST

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 04:38:43PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Subject: Bug in 8520.c - port.type not set for serial console

I think this is another case of someone reporting a problem and not
providing any feedback to replies. Bjorn followed up on this and
I haven't seen a response.

However, port.type won't be set for serial console. This is entirely
expected. We haven't approached the normal port initialisation and
as such we treat the port as being the lowest common denominator - a
standard 8250 port.

If we do want port.type initialised, the solution for this is to get
rid of the early initialisation of 8250-based consoles entirely, which
is something I keep saying and not doing because I know I'm going to
get whinged at.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core