Re: TPM on IBM thinkcenter S51

From: Torsten Landschoff
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 04:26:11 EST

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:00 -0700, trusted linux wrote:
> thanks, here is my strace related to tpm:
>
> open("/dev/tpm", O_RDWR) = -1 ENODEV
> (No such device)
> write(2, "Can\'t open TPM Driver\n", 22Can't open TPM
> Driver
> ) = 22

Okay, so the driver is in fact not working. It could be that /dev/tpm
has the wrong device number assigned. If the driver is really installed
can be checked by

systool -c misc|grep tpm

I bet it does not show anything. OTOH if the module loads successfully
it really should be there. No idea what's going wrong then.

Which version of the driver are you using?

Greetings

Torsten