Re: IA32 | [OFFTOPIC]: Segementation Question

From: Grzegorz Kulewski
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 14:20:13 EST

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:

Hi.
I'm currently doing some research on the IA32 Segementation Concept. But there's one thing I don't understand:
If I perform a far jump it looks like this:
jmp 16bit:32bit

The 16bit are representing the segement number and the 32bit the offset. But to what refers the 16bit? To the GDT or the current LDT?

IIRC, there is one bit flag in selector that decides if it is from GDT or LDT. But maybe I am wrong...

Grzegorz Kulewski