Re: [rfc] [patch] consolidate/clean up spinlock.h files

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 12:27:37 EST

> i've also split up the various spinlock variants into separate files,
> making it easier to see which does what. The new layout is:

Sigh. You meant more complicated not easier, right?
It is complicated enough now that you would really wish
for an object browser (and a box of aspirin) to read it. But anyways I guess
it was inevitable.

I would rename __aquire/__release/etc. they are clearly name space
pollution and have even a specific meaning on IA64 which this
does not follow.

-Andi