Re: [RFC] SPI core

From: Mark M. Hoffman
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 23:08:57 EST

Hi Greg, Dmitry:

* Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-05-31 16:32:15 -0700]:
> What do you mean by this? Which i2c people?

(...)

* Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-05-31 16:32:15 -0700]:
> This code is _very_ close to just a copy of the i2c core code. Why
> duplicate it and not work with the i2c people instead?

It was discussed briefly on the lm-sensors mailing list [1]. I didn't
reply at the time, but I do agree that SPI and I2C/SMBus are different
enough to warrant independent subsystems.

[1] http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2005-May/012385.html

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman