Re: RT patch acceptance

From: hui
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 19:05:27 EST

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 04:02:44PM -0700, Bill Huey wrote:
> This is not the purpose of the patch, nor will it ever be. RT apps don't
> depend on this property as was previously mentioned in this thread.
> Again, this has been covered previously by this thread. It's ultimately
> about writing RT apps that have a more sophisticated use that RTAI or
> RT Linux.

Andrea,

I mean those above comments to be hard RT.

I do mention a syscall use and expression of these RT properties, but it's
really not hard RT but something else closer to soft RT threads. I blew
it by using the wrong definition there.

They still all have to interact with each other in a temporarly protected
way so that latency is propagated through each RT domain (soft, hard, none)
in the app.

bill