Re: [OT] mailing list management

From: Bodo Eggert
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 08:06:19 EST

Lukasz Stelmach <stlman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Måns Rullgård napisa?(a):

>> Use "reply all", "wide reply", or whatever mozilla thunderbird, which
>> you appear to be using, calls it.

> As I stated somewhere befor this is an option but it also adds the
> author of the original message to the list of recipients thus making one
> receive the same letter twice.

That's intended. Many readers and posters aren't subscribed.
E.g. I read it using news:linux.kernel, since my mail program can't handle
threads well enough. (Besides that, NNTP causes much less traffic for the
same amount of messages:). OTOH, I'd like to get replies to my postings per
mail, since my newsreader is bad for replying to lkml.

Workaround:
--- ~/.procmailrc ---
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 128 .msgid.cache
---
(adjust the 128 as needed)
--
Ich danke GMX dafür, die Verwendung meiner Adressen mittels per SPF
verbreiteten Lügen zu sabotieren.