Re: [OT] mailing list management

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 07:46:14 EST

Paul Jakma napisaÅ(a):

> The person you are replying to can/may:
>
> - /want/ the direct copy (this is the case for quite a few people on
> this list)

I prefere, and I do it, explicit asking for a CC.

> - filter incoming mail to supress duplicates

It is a lot easier to find personal mails than to suppress dupes.
In the former case you can look at References or IRT fields and in the
later you have to *keep* a list of Message-IDs and search it everytime
you receive a letter.

And direct replying generates more traffic.

I started this thread because I never liked to receive personal
duplicates of mails sent to lists. That is why I decided to ask you for
your opinion.

EOT
--
ByÅo mi bardzo miÅo. Trzecia pospolita klÄska, [...]