Re: Screen regen buffer at 0x00b8000

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 16:30:46 EST

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Jon Smirl wrote:

On 5/20/05, Richard B. Johnson <linux-os@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Yes, and I didn't want to. However a customer wants some status to
be always displayed in the upper-right-hand corner of a 4x5 LCD
with a tiny CPU board.

The console implements a tiny terminal emulator. Does the emulator
implement the escape sequence for locking an unscrollable line at the
top of the screen? If so lock the line, write your info there, and the
rest of the display will work like normal.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx

I'll experiment. I know that real VT100s can set a scrolling region
so I could set a scrolling region from line 2 to 25 if it works.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.11.9 on an i686 machine (5554.17 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.