Re: 2.6.12-rc4-mm2

From: Brice Goglin
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 10:19:15 EST

Andrew Morton a écrit :
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.12-rc4/2.6.12-rc4-mm2/
>

> - davem has set up a mm-commits mailing list so people can review things
> which are added to or removed from the -mm tree. Do
>
> echo subscribe mm-commits | mail majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> - x86_64 architecture update from Andi.
>
> - Everything up to and including `spurious-interrupt-fix.patch' is planned
> for 2.6.12 merging. Plus a few other things in there.
>
> - Another DVB subsystem update

Hi Andrew and Dominik,

Since mm2, udev cannot rename my pcmcia wireless interface.
rc4 and rc4-mm1 successfully rename it from eth0 to wifi.
rc4-mm2 only renames the internal interface, not the pcmcia wifi one.

When I insert the card, This line appears in syslog:
udev[9500]: configured rule in '/etc/udev/rules.d/brice.rules[4]'
applied, 'eth0' becomes 'wifi'
But the interface is still called eth0.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Brice

PS: Richard Purdie's patch (http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/5/18/303) fixed my
previous cardctl breakage, but it doesn't change anything regarding this
bug.