Re: Sync option destroys flash!

From: Colin Leroy
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 03:02:58 EST

Hi,

> According to the man pages for mount, FAT and VFAT
> file systems ignore the "sync" option. It lies. Maybe it use to be
> true, but it certainly lies now.

Yes, it does lie. I'm the author of the O_SYNC patch for fat and vfat,
and I'd like to point out that I did test a few flash drives (and hard
drives) extensively (during about a week) with this flag, and they did
not die on me.
As other people said, I think the O_SYNC handling does exactly what it
says, and if it doesn't do what you want, tell HAL not to set it (There
must be a way).

--
Colin