pivot_root()

From: Lai Zit Seng
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 05:09:24 EST

Not sure where to post this, forgive me if there is a better place to post...

I'm trying to use pivot_root() to change root to a directory that is not a mount point, i.e. it is under a mount point of a different device from the current root device.

E.g.

# /root is mounted from /dev/sda1
pivot_root("/root/somewhere", "/root/somewhere/initrd");

But pivot_root() returns EINVAL. Both /root/somewhere and /root/somewhere/initrd exists.

Any pointers about what might be wrong? Many thanks :)

Regards,

.lzs