Re: Y2K-like bug to hit Linux computers! - Info of the day

From: christos gentsis
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 15:07:03 EST

Matthew Geier wrote:

Embeded computing is much bigger than that. I've got a 20 year old embedded processor controlled microwave oven. (It still knows how to cook better than I do :-).

why anyone that refer to an embedded device mean a microwave???? this is really annoying then you make a master in embedded systems :P:P
mououahahahahaha

It isn't just a linux problem either, it's a generic Unix/C library problem. Any software system that uses a signed 32bit number from 1970 to represent time. I have a vague recolection that there was another popular system around that also used signed 32bit time, only it's epoch is 1980. Those systems will go belly up 10 years after all the ancient Unix systems. :-)

which is that system??? if it is the well known system ;) there no problem with and the available time... to counters are capable to count more seconds that the life time of this OS :P
mouahahahaha

thanks
christos