Re: SCTP: use lib/libcrc32c.c instead of net/sctp/crc32c.c?

From: Sridhar Samudrala
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 20:02:22 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:

As far as I understand it, lib/libcrc32c.c could be used instead of the similar code in net/sctp/crc32c.c .

Is there any reason why this isn't done?

The SCTP RFC3309 says that SCTP uses a tranport-level CRC where the bit
ordering is mirrored and different from link-level CRC.

The CRC is computed using a procedure similar to ETHERNET CRC [ITU32],
modified to reflect transport level usage.

So I am not sure if we can use the libcrc32c routines for calculating SCTP
crc32 checksum. But if it is possible, we should definitely use the crc32
library.

Thanks
Sridhar