Re: kexec?

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 07:31:55 EST

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 09:00, Coywolf Qi Hunt wrote:
> On 5/10/05, Randy.Dunlap <rddunlap@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 8 May 2005 22:20:50 +0200 Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > | I know kexec used to be a patch, but has it gone into the mainstream
> > | kernels yet?
> >
> > Nope, it's only in the -mm patchset.
> > Testing/reporting that could help....
>
> coywolf@prodigy:~/kexec-tools-1.95/objdir/build/bin$ ./kexec_test
> Segmentation fault
>
> prodigy:/home/coywolf/kexec-tools-1.95/objdir/build/sbin# ./kexec -l
> /var/local/build/vmlinux
> kexec_load failed: Cannot assign requested address
> entry = (nil)
> nr_segments = 2
> segment[0].buf = 0x80b4558
> segment[0].bufsz = 15c
> segment[0].mem = (nil)
> segment[0].memsz = 15c
> segment[1].buf = 0xb7d53008
> segment[1].bufsz = 2a0086
> segment[1].mem = 0x100000
> segment[1].memsz = 2c8a78
>
> prodigy:/home/coywolf/kexec-tools-1.95/objdir/build/sbin# ./kexec -l
> /var/local/build/arch/i386/boot/bzImage
> kexec_load failed: Cannot assign requested address
> entry = 0x91734
> nr_segments = 2
> segment[0].buf = 0x80b4480
> segment[0].bufsz = 1850
> segment[0].mem = 0x90000
> segment[0].memsz = 1850
> segment[1].buf = 0xb7eaa008
> segment[1].bufsz = 14032d
> segment[1].mem = 0x100000
> segment[1].memsz = 14032d

Hi,

I've been doing some kexec tests (as described in Documentation/kdump.txt) too
but can't get to load the image and get similar error messages. Let me know
if you need more info about the hardware. The first_kernel was booted with
"crashkernel=64M@16M" and the 16M value was configured into the second during
kconfig in "Physical address where the kernel is loaded" as 0x1000000.

[root@zmei]: kexec -p vmlinux --args-linux --append="root=/dev/hda1 maxcpus=1
init 1"

kexec_load failed: Cannot assign requested address
entry = 0x1498 flags = 1
nr_segments = 4
segment[0].buf = 0x8067ba0
segment[0].bufsz = 80c0