Re: alsa es1371's joystick functionality broken in 2.6.11-mm4

From: Patrick McFarland
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 20:35:18 EST

On Thursday 07 April 2005 03:52 pm, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Any chance the joystick is just broken?

Nope.

What works:
1) _Both_ joysticks (one that uses the analog driver, the other that uses the
sidewinder driver) work fine under Win2k.
2) Sound works under both Linux and Win2k.
3) The analog joystick (I didn't have the sidewinder yet) use to work at some
point in the past on this system with a 2.6 kernel.

What doesn't work:
1) Either the analog or sidewinder joysticks using any kernel I've tested so
far, loading snd_ens1371 using either joystick=1 or joystick_port=1 (I test
both out of habit). (Loaded in the order of snd_ens1371 (which loads
gameport), joydev, and then analog or sidewinder. Putting joydev or gameport
or both before snd_ens1371 doesn't improve the situation.)

--
Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || pmcfarland@xxxxxxxxxxxx