Re: mipsel-linux-ld vmlinux.lds:470: Parse Error

From: Daniel Laird
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 14:46:55 EST

linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Daniel Laird <danieljlaird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mipsel-linux-ld vmlinux.lds:470: Parse Error
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 19:59:01 +0100

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:58:20PM +0000, Daniel Laird wrote:

> I am trying to build a linux kernel and toolchain for a le mips processor
>
> I have the following versions
> binutils-2.15.96
> gcc-3.4.3
> glibc-2.3.4
> linux kernel 2.6.11.6

Is there a reason for this?
we have our own patches that we apply (include, asm-mips, pci, irqs, serial etc) and they have worked for 2.6.8 and 2.6.10 however if you think that the linux-mips people will have fixed more of these bugs than me (and this specific one) then i shal try their 2.6.11 kernel.
cheers
Dan