Re: [bk tree] DRM add a version check.. for 2.6.12 (distro kernelmaintainers + drm users plz read also...)

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 07:41:19 EST

> I tried 2.6.12-rc2 which includes this patch, and I get DRM failures
> here, which causes application and X to hang. (I got failures with 2.6.11
> also.)

Does the FC-4 test kernel work? There was a bug in X6.8.2 but I think it
would be fixed in FC-4 test.. I run Xorg CVS on a 9200 with the latest
kernel and it seems fine... granted I've been able to crash it with
running a few wierd apps.. I've just had no chance to debug it yet but it
isn't the common case... maybe I should play tuxracer for a while..

the symptoms are typical of a card lockup, spinning in ioctl forever...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG