Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 17:20:45 EST

Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday April 5, akpm@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > - Nobody said anything about the PM resume and DRI behaviour in
> > 2.6.12-rc1-mm4. So it's all perfect now?
>
> Well, Seeing you asked...
>
> PM resume certainly seems to be improving.
> My main problem in rc1-mm3 is with PCMCIA.
> If I stop cardmgr before suspend-to-RAM, and then try to
> restart it after resume, I cannot. Some message about the socket
> being in use, and am I sure there is no other cardmgr running (there
> isn't).

I don't know whether the PCMCIA problem is due to PCMCIA changes or not.
The only thing I see having changed between 2.6.12-rc1-mm3 and
2.6.12-rc2-mm1 is the addition of pcmcia-resource-handling-fixes.patch.
Would you have time to revert that, retest?

There have been a few problem in the area of device management in
bk-driver-core. I think we're getting that settled down now.