Re: Kernel SCM saga..

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 11:03:43 EST

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:42:08AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> So I just wanted to say that I'm personally very happy with BK, and with
> Larry. It didn't work out, but it sure as hell made a big difference to
> kernel development. And we'll work out the temporary problem of having to
> figure out a set of tools to allow us to continue to do the things that BK
> allowed us to do.

I'd also like to publicly say that BK has helped out immensely in the
past few years with kernel development, and has been one of the main
reasons we have been able to keep up such a high patch rate over such a
long period of time. Larry, and his team, have been nothing but great
in dealing with all of the crap that we have been flinging at him due to
the very odd demands such a large project as the kernel has caused. And
I definitely owe him a beer the next time I see him.

thanks,

greg k-h