Re: [08/08] uml: va_copy fix

From: Renate Meijer
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 13:50:05 EST

On Apr 5, 2005, at 6:48 PM, Greg KH wrote:

-stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let us know.

------------------

Uses __va_copy instead of va_copy since some old versions of gcc (2.95.4
for instance) don't accept va_copy.

Are there many kernels still being built with 2.95.4? It's quite antiquated, as far as
i'm aware.

The use of '__' violates compiler namespace. If 2.95.4 were not easily replaced by
a much better version (3.3.x? 3.4.x) I would see a reason to disregard this, but a fix
merely to satisfy an obsolete compiler?

In my humblest of opinions you are fixing a bug that is better solved by downloading
a more recent version of gcc.

Regards,

Renate Meijer.