Re: pktcddvd -> immediate crash

From: Nix
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 12:27:23 EST

On 5 Apr 2005, Soeren Sonnenburg whispered secretively:
> I wonder whether anyone could use the pktcddvd device without killing
> random jobs (due to sudden out of memory or better memory leaks in
> pktcddvd) and finally a complete freeze of the machine ?

I'm using it without difficulty.

> To reproduce just create an udf filesystem on some dvdrw, mount it rw
> and copy some large file to the mount point.

Well, I copied a 502Mb file to a CD/RW yesterday as part of my
regular backups. No problems.

I think we need more details (a .config would be nice, and preferably
a cat of /proc/slabinfo and a dmesg dump when the problem starts).

--
This is like system("/usr/funky/bin/perl -e 'exec sleep 1'");
--- Peter da Silva