Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 05:05:38 EST

Christoph Hellwig writes:

> It's documented where the other filesystem entry points are documented.

Which is?

$ grep -r compat_ioctl Documentation
Documentation/filesystems/Locking: long (*compat_ioctl) (struct file *, unsigned int, unsigned long);
Documentation/filesystems/Locking:compat_ioctl: no

Marvellous documentation, that. :)

> This is not about beeing impatient but about adding APIs that at the same
> time are actively removed all over the tree.

Sure, just don't be so impatient... :)

> You can of course take the BKL inside your ->compat_ioctl method.

Yes, the question is whether we need to or not.

Paul.