Re: 2.6.11, nfsd, log_do_checkpoint()

From: John Madden
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 07:57:17 EST

> > Assertion failure in log_do_checkpoint() at fs/jbd/checkpoint.c:365:
> > "drop_count != 0 || cleanup_ret != 0"
>
> Could you try running a kernel with the attached patch? Are you able to
> reproduce the problem even with the patch?

Funny thing: Assuming this was an ext3 problem, I moved the data to a reiserfs
partition (with so many files, performance is an issue anyway) since the box
is pretty critical. I'll try to sneak some downtime in to try this out, but
I can't make any promises... The problem should be fairly easy to replicate
in a lab though, if you're interested.

John

--
# John Madden weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: http://www.nerdarium.com