RE: Followup: PROBLEM: Kernel bug at tg3.c:2456

From: Ju, Seokmann
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 07:29:05 EST

On Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:34 AM, Sergio wrote:
> I made some tests again, switching back to the onboard dual
> aic7902 scsi
> controller (non raid) the tg3 dont hung anymore.
> I just noticed the IRQ mappings change between the two settings.
> The Broadcom eth get always the IRQ #25, the two onboard scsi
> controllers
> get #24 and #25 (shared with the eth, is it harmful??) but
> the megaraid
> driver gets the IRQ #28
Can you please specify megaraid driver version?
It seems the megaraid driver gets unique IRQ and the IRQ dedicated to the
MegaRAID controller.
I don't see any problem concerning IRQ at this time. Difference of
performance in between MegaRAID and Adaptec can contribute the issue.

> Usually there
> are no messages on screen, but the last time I get "Kernel bug at
> tg3.c:2456"!! on the sender. The skb pointer in the tx_ring_info was
> null.... May it be queue overrun?
I would suggest to look into the issue from above perspective.

Thank you.

Seokmann
LSI Logic Corporation.