Re: Logitech MX1000 Horizontal Scrolling

From: Jeremy Nickurak
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 18:42:51 EST

On dim, 2005-04-03 at 18:01 +0200, Juergen Kreileder wrote:
> Esben Stien <b0ef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Jeremy Nickurak <atrus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> >> I'm playing with this under 2.6.11.4
> >
> > I got 2.6.12-rc1
> >
> >> The vertical cruise control buttons work properly, with the
> >> exception of the extra button press.
> >
> > Yup, nice, I see the same
>
> Same here.
>
> >> But the horizontal buttons are mapping to 6/7 as non-repeat
> >> buttons, and adding simulateously the 4/5 events auto-repeated for
> >> as long as the button is down. That is to say, pressing the the
> >> horizontal scroll in a 2d scrolling area will scroll *diagonally*
> >> one step, then vertically until the button is released.
> >
> > Yup, seeing exactly the same here.
>
> Horizontal scrolling works fine for me. I just get repeated 6/7
> events, nothing else.
>
> I'm using the configuration described at:
> http://blog.blackdown.de/2005/04/03/logitech-mx1000-configuration/

Well that's a big step up. My horizontal scrolling is now working
perfectly. I had never in my life seen a ZAxisMapping line with 4
buttons, but it seems to do the trick, and it's even worked its way into
the mouse man page since the last time I remember seeing it. (Running
current Xorg here, can't speak for XFree86 users)

Now it's just the vertical scroller issue.

-
Jeremy Nickurak