Re: Re(2): fix u32 vs. pm message t in usb

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 17:58:38 EST

Hi!

> > Okay, you obviously have easy access to usb development trees...
> > Do you think you could just take this patch as a basis and fix
> > remaining u32 vs pm-message-t in usb? --p
>
> Fixing the "sparse -Wbitwise" messages, and addressing some other
> behavior changes/bugs that crept in, was the idea. That's already
> done, but _without_ taking this as a basis (or breaking the sysfs
> support etc).

Okay, if you fixed -Wbitwise, it should be all fixed...

> The patches I sent fix everything I had time to test (just a subset
> of the dozens of cases previously tested, probably covering the main
> stuff that got broken) except the non-PCI platform_bus drivers where
> pm_message_t has discarded essential functionality. (Notably, info
> about whether device clocks and/or power must be turned off.)

At what places is essential functionality lost? I thought that u32
state is pretty much always 3 ;-). Is there platform where it is not
the case?

Could you push also trivial bits that you could not test? I'd like to
get rid of all "u32 state"s...

> p.s. PCI-express patches don't belong with USB patches. :)

Oops, sorry. Same maintainer, though ;-).
Pavel