Re: [SCSI] Driver broken in 2.6.x?

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 17:16:11 EST

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, |TEcHNO| wrote:

> Hi,
>
> <cut, nVidia module tainting>
> First of all, I don't have my X configured to work w/o that module, and I
> don't think I can do it now.

You should be able to just use the "nv" driver instead of the "nvidia"
driver - that should be the only change you need to make in xorg.conf ...

> Second of all, the 2.4.x kernel had this module too, and worked flawlessly.

It's probably unrelated to the problem, but being able to reproduce it
without that module will make more people take the bugreport seriously and
it will also eliminate the nvidia module as a potential cause...

--
Jesper Juhl