some questions towards the boot sequence

From: Matthias-Christian Ott
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 08:11:14 EST

Hi!
I'm currently developing a small OS. But I have some questions towards the boot sequence:
Grub (0.9.6) is installed in the MBR of the Harddisk (512 Byte - Stage 1) than grub loads Stage 2 which is located at a fixed address (specified in stage1.h), but how is this location linked to an inode and marked as used (e.g. in the ext2/3 bitmap)? And doesn't it conflict with the file system? And how can I instruct grub to load a file from a not specified location which is maybe splited without updating it every time the location changes?
Maybe there are some documents which include the answers to my questions and some additional information.

Thanks
Matthias-Christian Ott