Re: connector.h

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 02:47:17 EST

Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 17:31 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > >
> > > struct cb_id
> > > {
> > > __u32 idx;
> > > __u32 val;
> > > };
> >
> > It is vital that all data structures be skilfully commented - they are the
> > key to understanding the code. Why the struct exists, which actor passes
> > it to which other actor(s), whether the data structure is communicated with
> > userspace, what other data structures it is aggregated with or linked to,
> > locking rules, etc.
>
> It is described in Documentation/connector/connector.txt.
> Should it also be placed here?

I think it's better to document these things in the code. Those structs
which are communicated to userspace should be described in connector.txt
because they are part of the API. But a lot of the structs you have there
are purely knerel-internal.

> > > struct cn_msg
> > > {
> >
> > Please do
> >
> > struct cn_msg {
>
> Neither structure declaration should have opening brace on the new
> string?

I don't understand your question.

We lay out struct definitions thusly:

struct foo {