Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Citizen Number 24655
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 09:12:29 EST

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 01:36:03PM +0100, Citizen Number 52642 wrote:
> > > Easy, start working for OSDL, then start hacking arch or
> > > whatever. Puff, you are his coworker, you are competing with Larry,
> > > Linus license goes away.
> >
> > I don't know whether the kernel hackers that work for IBM use the `free'
> > version of BK or not, but if they do, s/OSDL/IBM/ and s/arch/ClearCase/ and
> > there's a problem...
>
> Actually someone should show the license agreement to IBM (and Novell,
> for that matter) lawyers. I guess next thing would be company-wide
> search-and-destroy aimed at bitkeeper ;-).

I think this attitude is completely rediculous.

What you are suggesting is taking away peoples right to choose to use
BitKeeper if they decide that it fits what they want to use it for,
and that they can live with the license terms (and/or have a special
agreement with BitMover for that purpose.)

Sure, that sounds exactly like a free world, Citizen Number 52642.

--
Citizen Number 24655
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/