Re: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 06:02:00 EST

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 01:16 -0500, Len Brown wrote:
> Pavel,
> I think that it is the BIOS' job on S3-suspend
> to save the video mode. On S3-resume the BIOS should
> re-POST and restore the video mode.

I agree, but in the absence of spec requirement and some form of
certification process, I don't see it happening in the near future.
Given that vendors are still shipping invalid DSDTs, if Windows is able
to reinitialise the graphics hardware, few are going to care about
making life easier for Linux.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx