Re: 2.6.11-rc3: Kylix application no longer works?

From: Daniel Drake
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 18:57:11 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
I wonder if reverting the patch will restore the old behaviour?

# This is a BitKeeper generated diff -Nru style patch.
#
# ChangeSet
# 2005/01/21 13:42:18-08:00 davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx # Merge nuts.davemloft.net:/disk1/BK/sparcwork-2.6
# into nuts.davemloft.net:/disk1/BK/sparc-2.6
# # fs/binfmt_elf.c
# 2005/01/21 13:42:06-08:00 davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +0 -0
# Auto merged
# # ChangeSet
# 2005/01/17 13:38:38-08:00 ecd@xxxxxxxxx # [SPARC64]: Missing user access return value checks in fs/binfmt_elf.c and fs/compat.c
# # Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
# # fs/compat_ioctl.c
# 2005/01/17 13:37:56-08:00 ecd@xxxxxxxxx +12 -5
# 2005/01/17 13:37:56-08:00 ecd@xxxxxxxxx +43 -19
# [SPARC64]: Missing user access return value checks in fs/binfmt_elf.c and fs/compat.c
#

I think so. For a short period we applied this patch to the Gentoo 2.6.10 kernel...

http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/gentoo-dev-sources/release-10.01/dist/1900_umem_catch.patch

...but removed it once users complained it stopped kylix binaries from running.

Daniel